Snapshot of St. Francis
- 229 Students attend St. Francis in grades 9-12 (52% of the students are young men and 48% are young women).
- Student-Faculty ratio of 12-1. Classroom ratio 16:1.
- After School Program from 3-5 in our Learning Resource Center managed by school staff.
- 100% of students who apply to college are accepted into the college of their choice. On average, 99% choose to attend college.
- St. Francis offers a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, which is supported with its innovative 1-to-1 iPad program.
- Modern Languages: Spanish, Latin, French (online) and Mandarin Chinese (online).
- Advanced Placement and honors courses offered in the sciences, math, English, social studies, visual arts and Spanish
- Students work with an on-campus college, career, and personal counselor .
- 2012-14 we have celebrated a 100% pass rate in the following classes: AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature., AP English Language, AP Studio Art and AP Spanish Language.
- Daily tutorial program is offered Monday-Thursday.
- St. Francis offers 29 teams in 13 sports for young men and women.
- On-campus activity programs include Animas, a student leadership program supporting student activities and campus ministry; 20+ clubs such as NHS, CSF, Pro-Life, Surf Club, Dance Team and News Paper club to name a few.
- Currently van service to Santa Cruz, Aptos, Monterey and Morgan Hill.
Community Service Learning Programs
Each student is required a minimum of twenty service hours per year. We support Grind Out Hunger, Jacob’s Heart, Save Our Shores, Watsonville Wetlands and more.
Founded in 2000 as a joint venture between the Diocese of Monterey and the Salesians of Don Bosco.
Accreditation and Affiliations
St. Francis is accredited by WCEA (Western Catholic Educational Association) and WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges); and meets the criteria for the NCAA Clearinghouse. The school is also a member of the NCEA(National Catholic Educational Association); ASCD(Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development); Western Province of Salesians of Don Bosco; and the California Interscholastic Federation.
Throughout the campus, there are fully modern classrooms equipped with Wi-Fi and Apple TV; additionally, the school has state-of-the-art chemistry and biology labs; dynamic studio art classroom equipped with a Kiln, a beautiful gymnasium, a Black Box Theater and football, baseball, softball and soccer sites.
Recent college acceptances include: Arizona State University; Baylor University; Boston College; Cal Poly SLO; Catholic University; Colorado State University; De Paul University; Georgetown University; Gonzaga University; Loyola Marymount University; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Notre Dame University; Princeton University; Providence College; Santa Clara University; St. Mary’s College, Indiana; Stanford University; University of Dallas; Villanova University; UC Berkeley; UC San Diego; UC Santa Barbara; UC Santa Cruz; UC Irvine; CSU San Francisco; CSU East Bay; CSU Monterey Bay; CSU San Jose; CSU Chico.
Tuition Assistance Available
During 2014-2015, 54% of families receive either merit-based or need-based tuition assistance. For the 2014-15 school year we awarded $582,000.