Campus Ministry Team
The student Campus Ministry program serves to reinforce the identity of the Salesian Ethos in Roman Catholic traditions. The student Campus Ministry Team comprised of up to fourteen upperclassmen (juniors and seniors) are called to lead the spiritual life and faith formation of the student body. They will work closely with students, parents/guardians, administration, and faculty to create an atmosphere for growth in the Christian Life and to provide opportunities for development as a faith community. They will perform their duties through:
- Planning, supporting, and implementing retreats for grades 7th-12th
- Implementation of masses, Salesian Good Mornings, and special events that tie with the liturgical calendar. i.e. Lent, Stations of the Cross, Advent, Saint Feast Days
- Planning and facilitating monthly assemblies for the Faith Families to create opportunities of reflection and growth.
- Applications will be made available at the end of March
- Interviews with Campus Ministry team will be early April and members will be selected by early April.
- Members will be invited to SYLC for formation and pre-planning
- Members will be commissioned at Mary Help of Christians Mass
- Members will receive formation and training during the summer
Fr. Alberto Chavez, SDB, Salesian Director, Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church
Mr. Chris Croghan, Christian Service Coordinator, St. Francis High School
Mr. Michael Doherty, Theology Teacher, St. Francis High School
Ms. Shannon McLeod, Coordinator of Youth Ministry, St. Francis High School
Fr. David Purdy, SDB, Campus Minister, St. Francis High School