Who hosts the event?
The St. Francis Parent Association (SFPA) hosts the annual Burgundy & Gray (B&G) Gala and Auction, which is our primary fundraiser supporting the school.
When and where is the event to be held?
During these current unprecedented times due to COVID-19, the 2020 Burgundy & Gray (aka “Shark Week”) will be a virtual event, with an online activities taking place throughout the week of October 5-11, 2020, with final bidding ending at 10pm on October 11.
Who benefits from the event?
Typically, the proceeds from the B&G help to fill the gap between tuition and actual costs to educate a student at SFHS. This year’s event focuses on tuition assistance, as proceeds will help St. Francis continue to provide financial assistance for families in need, as well as support the additional costs associated with educating all of our students during this pandemic.
How can SFHS parents support the event?
- Register for our event: https://events.readysetauction.com/stfrancishighschool/sharkweek
- Donate to our Fund-A-Need: If we meet our $10,000 goal - Two donors will each match the $10,000!
- Purchase an event Sponsorship and/or solicit Sponsorship from friends/families/local businesses.
- Donate an auction item. There is no item too big or too small.
- Help procure auction items from local and online businesses.
- Host a “Sign Up” party. (Plan a fun group gathering for individuals to purchase.)
- Share our online auction link with family, friends, and social media.
- Participate in the online auction. Bid often and buy, buy, buy!
How do YOU benefit from supporting the event?
- EVERY Family Benefits: The proceeds from the B&G help to fill the gap between tuition and actual costs to educate a student at SFHS. Ultimately, every student receives support from this event. Proceeds also go to capital improvements and identified programs supporting educational excellence that follow a Salesian values system.
- Building of Community Spirit at SFHS: Volunteering together with fellow parents is a great way to engage with and feel enriched by the Salesian spirit. There are so many ways in which you can volunteer your time, treasure, and/or talent to the success of the B&G even tough we are going virtual. Contact committee members below to help.
- Earn Family Service Hours: The B&G can offer you multiple ways to earn service hours. Earn 1 service hour for every $40 donation towards the B&G, whether it be through a purchased item for auction, or a monetary donation to be used wherever it is most needed. Earn 1 hour for the procurement of every item for auction. Earn hours for volunteering your time during the planning and organization of the event. Don’t miss this great opportunity to take a big bite out of your family service hours!
Contact any of our event co-chairs that are happy to answer any questions you may have:
Deanne Cagnacci, Katie Kelly, Lisa O’Rourke, and Frances Basich Whitney
Please be on the look-out for your Burgundy & Gray Gala invitation to arrive in the mail.
For more information, please visit www.stfrancishigh.net/bg/