Students are welcome to apply for admission to St. Francis High School for their sophomore, junior, or senior years. Transfer applications are considered on a space-available basis.
Students who wish to transfer should be certain they meet the minimum criteria before completing an application:
- The student has been enrolled in a college preparatory course of study every previous semester of high school that is comparable to that of St. Francis High School.
- The student has a 2.75 grade point average (B-) or better in college preparatory courses, inclusive of English, Modern Language, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
- The student has accrued academic units in keeping with this schedule:
- starting 10th grade......................60 units completed
- starting 11th grade.....................120 units completed
- starting 12th grade.....................180 units completed
To apply to transfer to St. Francis High School, applicants must submit the following:
- Online Application
- $75.00 application fee
- Transcript of all high school work completed*
*All evaluation forms and transcript must be sent or faxed directly from the school or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope.
Transfers into the senior class are reviewed on an individual basis but are strictly governed by the applicant’s ability to graduate from St. Francis High School and be eligible for college admissions. Individual cases will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee.
Regarding transfer students, St. Francis has established enrollment policies in concert with the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) under the following conditions:
Accepts students on a space-available basis;
Charges tuition for its educational services;
Has admissions requirements pertaining to academic standards and behavior.
As per the CIF Blue Book, "undue influence is any act, gesture or communication (including accepting material or financial inducement to attend a CIF member school for the purpose of engaging in CIF competition regardless of the source) which is performed personally, or through another, which may be objectively seen as an inducement, or part of a process of inducing a student, or his/her parent or guardian, by or on behalf of, a member school, to enroll in, transfer to, or remain in, a particular school for athletic purposes." Violation of this policy may jeopardize the eligibility of the student.
Transfer applications are reviewed regularly to facilitate eligible transfers at the start of the fall and spring semesters.